Login Register

Junior Football

By UttoxeterPostandTimes.3522974.UttoxeterPostandTimes  |  Posted: December 16, 2009

Comments (0)

Uttoxeter Juniors Blacks U8 2 Tutbury Tiger Yellow 3

BLACKS suffered their second defeat on the trot despite a spirited second-half comeback.

Tigers first goal came after a mix up in defence which led to an own goal.

Tutbury were by far the better team and created numerous chances to increase their lead.

Their dominance finally paid off as they scored two more quickfire goals before half-time.

Blacks came storming out of the blocks in the second half, with Kieran Coates hitting the side netting.

Blacks continued to push forward and after good work from Bradley Cope, a slick pass found Coates to grab his first goal of the game.

With Blacks looking for their second goal, Saul Alkins forced a one-handed save from the Tigers keeper.

Coates fired in his second of the game after a lovely through ball from Harry Evans in defence.

Blacks pushed forward looking for a equalizer and Tigers nearly grabbed their fourth but a great save by Tom Hudson in goal denied them.

Uttoxeter juniors U11 0 Tutbury Tigers 2

UTTOXETER Juniors sank 2-0 at home to Tutbury in their final match before the winter break.

Tutbury shocked their hosts with an early goal following some quality interplay, with home keeper Peter Walker paying the price for not coming off his line.

A high tackle on Ross Alkins which left him with stud marks on his neck set the tone for the rest of the match, with the referee electing not to punish the offender.

Tutbury then doubled their lead when the goalkeeper’s kick went high and short and was pounced upon by one of the visiting forwards, who smashed it back past him to go 2-0 up.

Michael Conlon went inches wide from a corner as Uttoxeter fought back.

But the home side seemed to be making little or no headway against a team enjoying far more possession.

After half-time, Uttoxeter were denied a clear goalscoring opportunity when the referee blew up with Jack Scallan on the verge of sidefooting into an empty net.

Conlon was subjected to several nasty tackles in the final few minutes and did well not to lose his cool as he received little protection from the referee.

The match fizzled out as Tutbury took control away from Juniors.

Read more from Uttoxeter News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters