Woman held after house fire death
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man died in a house fire on Christmas Day.
West Midlands Police said a 58-year-old man was killed in the blaze in South Street Gardens, Caldmore, Walsall, at around 5.30pm on Wednesday.
A 57-year-old woman was arrested late on Christmas night and is being held in police custody.
The victim is yet to be formally identified and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course, a force spokeswoman said.
Detective Inspector Gary Plant, who is leading the inquiry, said: "We are keen to speak to anyone with information which may help our investigation.
"The man's family are being informed and are being supported by specially trained officers at this difficult time."
Officers have been patrolling the area surrounding South Street Gardens to offer reassurance to residents following the incident.
Police have launched a murder inquiry and urge anyone with information to contact detectives from the Force Criminal Investigation Department at Bloxwich by dialling 101 or to speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bramshall Park tennis lesson cancelled by unclaimed dog mess
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- New details revealed of woman in Uttoxeter armed raid
- Harry tops the bill at Midlands Grand National