Woman dies after attack by dogs
A 27-year-old woman has died after she was attacked by dogs, police said.
Emma Bennett died this evening after suffering serious bite injuries in an incident at a house in Dawlish Avenue, Osmondthorpe, Leeds, at around 2.20pm yesterday.
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Two dogs were seized following the incident and police inquiries remain ongoing this evening.
"Officers would like to speak to anybody who has information about the incident and the dogs involved in it.
"Anyone who has information should contact Protective Services at West Yorkshire Police on 101."
Earlier, the force said the injured woman was taken to Leeds General Infirmary for treatment.
Officers responded to reports that a woman was "in distress" at the address in Dawlish Avenue.
The force added: "One dog which got loose from the property was contained by officers in Back Dawlish Road and recovered. Another was safely removed from the address a short time later."
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Scarlet fever continues to spread across East Staffordshire
- Manager Dave Shaw commits future to Rocester