William to reward Helmand soldiers
The Duke of Cambridge is to present operational service medals to soldiers who have recently returned from Afghanistan today.
William, as colonel of the regiment, will give the soldiers of No.2 Company, 1st Battalion Irish Guards the medals during a company medals parade in Aldershot, Hampshire.
The soldiers returned from Helmand, Afghanistan, in October, following a six-month deployment on Operation Herrick. William will meet with the recipients and their families during the event.
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Call for more out of hours doctors in Uttoxeter
- Nicholas abandons Carter's Square jobs hope to move to China
- John White and Rob Walker shine at Trent Raceway