William to reward Helmand soldiers
The Duke of Cambridge is to present operational service medals to soldiers who have recently returned from Afghanistan today.
William, as colonel of the regiment, will give the soldiers of No.2 Company, 1st Battalion Irish Guards the medals during a company medals parade in Aldershot, Hampshire.
The soldiers returned from Helmand, Afghanistan, in October, following a six-month deployment on Operation Herrick. William will meet with the recipients and their families during the event.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Rocester Hornets crash to defeat against TS Sports Rovers
- Rocester Wasps back up cup win with thumping victory over Lasers