Watson pulls out of Hobart International
British number one Heather Watson has withdrawn from next week's Moorilla Hobart International, raising doubts over her participation in the Australian Open.
The 20-year-old revealed she had suffered an elbow problem in Wednesday's loss to Kiki Bertens in the second round of the ASB Classic in Auckland.
She tweeted: "I injured my elbow yesterday in my singles match, unfortunately I have to withdraw from Hobart. Doing everything I can to get healthy."
Watson, who played doubles in Auckland after her singles defeat, faces a race against time to be fit for the first grand slam of the year, which begins on January 14 at Melbourne Park.
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Adam Peaty reaps superb reward from years of dedication
- Distressed man is brought down from roof safely in Uttoxeter