Watson pulls out of Hobart International
British number one Heather Watson has withdrawn from next week's Moorilla Hobart International, raising doubts over her participation in the Australian Open.
The 20-year-old revealed she had suffered an elbow problem in Wednesday's loss to Kiki Bertens in the second round of the ASB Classic in Auckland.
She tweeted: "I injured my elbow yesterday in my singles match, unfortunately I have to withdraw from Hobart. Doing everything I can to get healthy."
Watson, who played doubles in Auckland after her singles defeat, faces a race against time to be fit for the first grand slam of the year, which begins on January 14 at Melbourne Park.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Picknalls teacher inspired by pupils to run London Marathon for The Epilepsy Society
- Uttoxeter charity gets a new facelift with a little help from Tesco and VAST