Vunipola heads for scan
England number eight Billy Vunipola is to undergo a scan on his ankle injury on Monday afternoon, the Rugby Football Union has announced.
Vunipola was helped off in the 37th minute of Saturday's 13-10 RBS 6 Nations victory over Ireland at Twickenham after falling awkwardly on the joint of his right leg.
The 21-year-old Saracens forward returned to watch the second half from the bench with the damaged area heavily strapped.
If the scan rules him out of the visit of Wales on March 9, his replacement against Ireland Ben Morgan will start against the defending champions.
Flanker Tom Wood has recovered from the camp he suffered on Saturday and will return to the squad's Surrey training base on Tuesday morning alongside the matchday 23.
Once the a review of the Ireland game has been completed, the replacements bench will return to their clubs and the starting XV will remain in camp.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Harry Topper set to make Midlands Grand National switch
- Peter of Tesco Express in Uttoxeter gets his legs waxed for diabetes research