Two held over 1991 disappearance
Police investigating the disappearance of a young mother as she walked to her parents' home 22 years ago have arrested two men on suspicion of her abduction and murder.
West Midlands Police, investigating the disappearance of Nicola Payne, said the men, both 49, were arrested at 8am today at their home addresses in the Bell Green and Stoke areas of Coventry.
A 51-year-old woman was also arrested at the Bell Green address on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
All three have been taken to police stations in the West Midlands for questioning by detectives.
Ms Payne went missing after setting out on foot from her home in Coventry on December 14 1991.
Despite extensive inquiries, 18-year-old Ms Payne - who had a seven-month-old baby son at the time, has never been seen again.
Her family are aware of today's development, police said.
It comes just days after a fresh appeal for information was launched, following new forensic results which detectives described as "a breakthrough".
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Harry Topper set to make Midlands Grand National switch
- UKIP move to oust Uttoxeter's Tory rebels with by-election