Torres set for spell out
Fernando Torres faces a spell out with a knee injury sustained in Chelsea's win over Manchester United on Sunday, Blues boss Jose Mourinho has confirmed.
The Spain striker, who scored at Southampton and Hull earlier this month, came on as a late substitute for hat-trick hero Samuel Eto'o but did not last the distance due to a damage to his lateral knee ligament which means he faces "weeks" out.
Demba Ba will be given an opportunity in Torres' absence, Mourinho insisted.
Mourinho said: "It's time for Demba. It's a pity because Nando (Torres) is in a good moment, but it's time for Demba.
"Demba had a fantastic week; (it was) very difficult for me to leave him out of selection because he worked very, very well.
"Next matches is for Demba or Samuel. Let's go."
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Picknalls teacher inspired by pupils to run London Marathon for The Epilepsy Society
- Uttoxeter charity gets a new facelift with a little help from Tesco and VAST