TV star Kiernan's son found dead
The 12-year-old son of Still Game star Ford Kiernan has been found dead.
Police were called to the family's home in the west end of Glasgow on Monday night following a report that a boy had died.
The death of Sonny Kiernan is being treated as "unexplained" as inquiries continue.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "Around 11.30pm on Monday January 6, police received a report of the death of a 12-year-old boy in Glasgow.
"A post-mortem will be carried out in due course to establish the exact cause of death.
"The death is currently being treated as unexplained and inquiries are continuing."
Ford Kiernan, 51, lives with his wife Lesley and their other child.
He and his comedy partner Greg Hemphill are best known for the popular BBC Scotland shows Still Game and Chewin The Fat.
They are due to revive their characters Jack Jarvis and Victor McDade for a run of live stage shows of Still Game at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow this autumn.
The show has not been on television since a Hogmanay special in January 2008.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Rocester Hornets crash to defeat against TS Sports Rovers
- Rocester Wasps back up cup win with thumping victory over Lasers