TV star Kiernan's son found dead
The 12-year-old son of Still Game star Ford Kiernan has been found dead.
Police were called to the family's home in the west end of Glasgow on Monday night following a report that a boy had died.
The death of Sonny Kiernan is being treated as "unexplained" as inquiries continue.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "Around 11.30pm on Monday January 6, police received a report of the death of a 12-year-old boy in Glasgow.
"A post-mortem will be carried out in due course to establish the exact cause of death.
"The death is currently being treated as unexplained and inquiries are continuing."
Ford Kiernan, 51, lives with his wife Lesley and their other child.
He and his comedy partner Greg Hemphill are best known for the popular BBC Scotland shows Still Game and Chewin The Fat.
They are due to revive their characters Jack Jarvis and Victor McDade for a run of live stage shows of Still Game at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow this autumn.
The show has not been on television since a Hogmanay special in January 2008.
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Call for more out of hours doctors in Uttoxeter
- Nicholas abandons Carter's Square jobs hope to move to China
- John White and Rob Walker shine at Trent Raceway