SamCam bakes cakes for Comic Relief
Samantha Cameron has put the dough into Downing Street as she did her bit for charity by baking cakes for Comic Relief.
The Prime Minister's wife looked as though she had sided with the opposition as she popped on a red wig to match the charity's signature shade and cooked up a batch of goodies.
Her efforts are to be sold to Downing Street staff to raise money, and she is aiming to inspire the nation to similarly get their pinnies on and bake for this year's Red Nose Day.
Mrs Cameron said: "Baking is such a brilliant and easy way to raise money for Red Nose Day. I know the children are really looking forward to selling our cakes around the offices in Downing Street.
"I hope lots of people all over the country are also baking, or finding other fun ways to support Comic Relief."
Money raised will go towards projects in the UK and Africa. A special baking fundraising kit, with recipe, bunting and price labels, is available from www.rednoseday.com/bake.
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Scarlet fever continues to spread across East Staffordshire
- Manager Dave Shaw commits future to Rocester