Sale win basement battle
Sale Sharks took a big step towards Aviva Premiership safety with a crucial 26-25 bottom-of-the-table win over London Welsh at the Kassam Stadium.
Wing Phil Mackenzie got the Exiles' only try, with scrum-half Alex Davies kicking four penalties and fly-half Gavin Henson adding two penalties and a conversion.
Sale's points came via tries from scrum-half Will Cliff and flanker Daniel Braid with fly-half Danny Cipriani landing three penalties and two conversions and Nick Macleod one penalty.
The result leaves the Sharks one point behind 11th-placed London Irish and three in arrears of Welsh.
Wasps maintained their unbeaten home record in the Premiership with a 33-29 victory over a Gloucester side who failed to capitalise on long spells of dominance at Adams Park.
With 20 minutes to go, Gloucester, who missed four penalties, led 17-13, but tries followed from the impressive Christian Wade and Billy Vunipola and enabled Wasps to consolidate fourth place.
Two bonus points for the visitors, who crossed for a pair of even later tries, took Gloucester above Northampton into fifth.
- Checkley claim winning draw at 2011 champs Wood Lane
- Uttoxeter extend winning run to eight games
- Coronation Street star joins Marge at Amerton Farm
- Uttoxeter's three-tier school system risks being 'de-stablised'
- Jess named fourth in Miss England competition
- Visual arts exhibition showcased pupils work