Robson bows out
Laura Robson was knocked out of the China Open in the second round by Spain's Lourdes Dominguez Lino.
The 18-year-old went into the match as the higher-ranked player, a rarity in her young career, but a late break in a tight first set proved crucial as her 31-year-old opponent triumphed 7-5 6-3.
The first set went with serve until the very last game, when Dominguez Lino finally forced the match's first break point and took it to win the set 7-5.
Another break followed in game three of the second set and the Spaniard backed it up with a hold to lead 3-1.
A further break for each player left Dominguez Lino with a 5-3 lead and she duly completed victory in an hour and 35 minutes.
- Carter's Square traffic concerns 'unfounded'
- Uttoxeter bull given bright red 'baubles' in time for Advent
- JCB announce new factory for Uttoxeter
- Dave Shaw is appointed new Rocester manager
- B5017 Marchington road now clear after fallen tree disrupted traffic
- Abbots Bromley parking 'illegal' and 'dangerous'