Police shooting suspect in court
A man will appear in court charged with the attempted murder of two police officers after one was left in hospital with serious gunshot wounds.
James Leslie, 37, of Cardigan Road, Leeds, is accused of shooting the 33-year-old woman officer in the Headingley area of the city shortly after 4am on Wednesday.
She had been attending a routine neighbourhood call with a colleague when she was shot, suffering serious injuries to her head, neck and right hand. Her fellow officer was uninjured and she remains in a stable condition.
Leslie was arrested near a primary school about a mile from the scene of the shooting.
West Yorkshire Police said he had also been charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, possession of a prohibited firearm, criminal damage and possession of cannabis.
He was remanded in custody and will appear before Leeds magistrates court today.
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Call for more out of hours doctors in Uttoxeter
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Scarlet fever continues to spread across East Staffordshire