Parents face jail for rickets death
The parents of a five-month-old baby who died of acute rickets have been warned they could face jail after admitting manslaughter.
Nkosiyapha Kunene, 36, appeared at the Old Bailey alongside his wife, Virginia Kunene, 32, accused of killing Ndingeko Kunene in June 2012.
Mr Kunene spoke only to confirm his name and to enter the plea of guilty to manslaughter. His wife admitted the same offence at an earlier hearing.
The Zimbabwe-born couple will be sentenced on Friday February 28.
The judge, Mr Justice Singh, told them he was "considering all options", adding: "I do not think anyone should go away with any illusions about that.
"The seriousness of the offence of which the life of a baby is lost will be apparent to everyone so I must bear that in mind."
Ndingeko died on June 14 2012. The cause of death was given as acute rickets.
The Kunenes, of Carlton Road, Erith, Kent, are on conditional bail.
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Call for more out of hours doctors in Uttoxeter
- Nicholas abandons Carter's Square jobs hope to move to China
- John White and Rob Walker shine at Trent Raceway