Pardew escapes FA punishment
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has escaped disciplinary action from the Football Association but has been "reminded of his responsibilities" after his touchline behaviour against Manchester City.
Pardew apologised for an expletive-laden rant at City boss Manuel Pellegrini, and was also involved in a running battle with the match officials as the visitors claimed a 2-0 win over the Magpies.
The FA is not taking disciplinary action but has been in touch with the Magpies boss.
An FA spokesman said: "We have been in contact with Alan Pardew and reminded him of his responsibilities".
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Scarlet fever continues to spread across East Staffordshire
- Manager Dave Shaw commits future to Rocester