Olympic wrestler dies in accident
Russian wrestler Besik Kudukhov has been killed in a car accident, the Russian Wrestling Federation has announced.
Kudukhov, who won silver in the freestyle event at the London Olympics, died after his car collided with a lorry travelling between the cities of Vladikavkaz and Krasnodar. He was 27.
"The tragedy occurred on the federal highway near Armavir," a statement on wrestrus.ru read.
"The Wrestling Federation of Russia, wrestlers and coaches of Russia and the whole wrestling community extends its condolences to the families and friends of the deceased.
"We mourn deeply with you.
"The memory of Besik Kudukhov will remain forever in our hearts."
Kudukhov was a four-time freestyle world champion and and also won bronze at the Beijing Olympics before competing in London last year.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Rocester Wasps back up cup win with thumping victory over Lasers
- Rocester boss Dave Shaw refuses to gamble on player fitness