Missing brother and sister found
A brother and sister who had been missing for much of the day have been found safe and well, police said.
Sophie Fletcher, 12, and her 10-year-old brother Jack were found at the bus station in Darlaston, West Midlands, at about 5.20pm after a family friend spotted the pair and alerted police.
Officers from West Midlands Police were quickly on the scene and the pair are now being reunited with their family.
They were reported missing from their home in Darlaston by their mother at about 8.30am.
It was earlier thought they may try to travel to Borth, near Aberystwyth, in Mid Wales.
Police had launched an extensive search of the local area with the aid of the force helicopter in a bid to find the children, who had left home with a small amount of money and some clothing.
The force said it used social media to alert people to the missing children, and on micro-blogging site Twitter the news was retweeted thousands of times.
West Midlands Police expressed thanks to the public for their assistance.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Harry Topper set to make Midlands Grand National switch
- Peter of Tesco Express in Uttoxeter gets his legs waxed for diabetes research