Man in court on twin murder charge
A man will appear in court today charged with murdering his identical twin brother, who died after a fight on New Year's Eve.
Christopher Cerqua, 31, suffered serious injuries in the incident at his Hampshire home on the evening of December 31.
Police were called to the house in Langdown Road, Hythe, at 9pm and Mr Cerqua was rushed to Southampton General Hospital, where he died later that night.
His twin Robert Cerqua, who lived at the same address, was arrested in the early hours of January 1 and has been charged with murder, Hampshire Police said. He will appear at Southampton Magistrates Court today.
The cause of Mr Cerqua's death is yet to be released.
Detectives from the Hampshire Major Investigation Team are leading the murder inquiry.
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Call for more out of hours doctors in Uttoxeter
- Nicholas abandons Carter's Square jobs hope to move to China
- Indiscipline will not be tolerated: Rocester boss Dave Shaw