Man found dead had shotgun injuries
A man who died at a house in the early hours of this morning suffered suspected shotgun injuries.
Nottinghamshire Police said the 37-year-old was found in the bedroom of a house in Galway Road, Bircotes, at around 12.50am.
A 33-year-old woman also found at the address was taken to hospital with shotgun injuries.
Her condition is serious but stable, a force spokesman said.
Two children who were in the house at the time were uninjured.
The spokesman added: "A post-mortem examination will be carried out to determine the cause of death of the man who is believed to have lived at the address with the injured woman."
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Picknalls teacher inspired by pupils to run London Marathon for The Epilepsy Society
- Uttoxeter charity gets a new facelift with a little help from Tesco and VAST