Man found dead had shotgun injuries
A man who died at a house in the early hours of this morning suffered suspected shotgun injuries.
Nottinghamshire Police said the 37-year-old was found in the bedroom of a house in Galway Road, Bircotes, at around 12.50am.
A 33-year-old woman also found at the address was taken to hospital with shotgun injuries.
Her condition is serious but stable, a force spokesman said.
Two children who were in the house at the time were uninjured.
The spokesman added: "A post-mortem examination will be carried out to determine the cause of death of the man who is believed to have lived at the address with the injured woman."
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Runners urged to sign up to Uttoxeter Half Marathon
- Rocester vets chip in to help Dogs Trust campaign