Man due before court over deaths
A man is due in court today after being charged with murder following the deaths of a woman and her two-year-old son.
The bodies of 29-year-old Janet Lockhart and her toddler son Michael, who have both been named locally, were discovered in Bonnyrigg, Midlothian at about 8.30pm on Saturday.
Officers went to the house in South Chesters Lane after a "family acquaintance" voiced concern.
Police Scotland said a 32-year-old man was charged with murder following the discovery of the bodies and is expected to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court today.
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Distressed man is brought down from roof safely in Uttoxeter
- Man in distress on roof of Uttoxeter shopping centre