Man due before court over deaths
A man is due in court today after being charged with murder following the deaths of a woman and her two-year-old son.
The bodies of 29-year-old Janet Lockhart and her toddler son Michael, who have both been named locally, were discovered in Bonnyrigg, Midlothian at about 8.30pm on Saturday.
Officers went to the house in South Chesters Lane after a "family acquaintance" voiced concern.
Police Scotland said a 32-year-old man was charged with murder following the discovery of the bodies and is expected to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court today.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Harry Topper set to make Midlands Grand National switch
- Peter of Tesco Express in Uttoxeter gets his legs waxed for diabetes research