Group of Death awaits England
England have been drawn in the group of death at next summer's World Cup.
Roy Hodgson's men will open their Group D campaign in Manaus when they face Italy on Saturday, June 14.
They must then head to Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte for their meetings with Uruguay and Costa Rica on June 19 and 24 respectively.
England avoided becoming the European team placed in a special pot, who had to be drawn against a South American top seed.
However they ended up in the same group as Italy, who came out of the special pot. which meant the draw could hardly have been more difficult.
It means Roy Hodgson's team must face the side that knocked England out of Euro 2012 in Kiev, before coming face-to-face with a Uruguay team containing Luis Suarez and PSG star forward Edinson Cavani.
Even the group minnows, Costa Rica, will not be beaten easily given the central American country have shock potential, as they proved by beating Scotland at the 1990 tournament.
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Distressed man is brought down from roof safely in Uttoxeter
- Man in distress on roof of Uttoxeter shopping centre