'First-day nerves' for new Doctor
New Doctor Who star Peter Capaldi has admitted to first-day nerves after stepping on to the show's set today.
The actor, who has replaced Matt Smith as the TV Time Lord, joined co-star Jenna Coleman in Cardiff.
He said: "New job, first day, slightly nervous. Just like the Doctor, I'm emerging from the Tardis into a whole other world."
Viewers got their first glimpse of Capaldi at the end of the Christmas Day episode of the long-running science fiction show.
Show supremo Steven Moffat said: "First the eyebrows! Then, at Christmas, the face! Coming soon, the whole Doctor. In the Cardiff studios, the Capaldi era begins."
Filming on the eighth series of the show will go on until August with director Ben Wheatley coming on board.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Picknalls teacher inspired by pupils to run London Marathon for The Epilepsy Society
- Uttoxeter charity gets a new facelift with a little help from Tesco and VAST