Everton sign McGeady
Everton have announced the signing of former Celtic winger Aiden McGeady from Spartak Moscow.
There had been speculation the Republic of Ireland international would sign a pre-contract agreement with the Toffees but he will move to Merseyside immediately having agreed a permanent deal.
McGeady was paraded to supporters at Goodison Park prior to their Barclays Premier League game against Norwich.
The 27-year-old has signed a four-and-a-half year deal with the Merseysiders after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.
McGeady spent six years with Celtic before moving to Russia for £9.5million in 2010.
The news sees Goodison boss Roberto Martinez finally land his man having been linked with him while at Wigan a year ago.
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Call for more out of hours doctors in Uttoxeter
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Scarlet fever continues to spread across East Staffordshire