England to announce captain
Chris Robshaw is expected to be confirmed on Friday as England captain for this season's RBS 6 Nations Championship.
The Harlequins flanker has already led England in two Six Nations campaigns, while they have also beaten New Zealand and Australia under his direction.
The Rugby Football Union will make a midday announcement regarding the skipper, with 27-year-old Robshaw a red-hot favourite.
England's Six Nations squad will assemble at their Surrey training base next Monday.
Robshaw and company face a testing opener against France in Paris on February 1, followed by a Murrayfield appointment with Scotland seven days later.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Rocester Hornets crash to defeat against TS Sports Rovers
- Rocester Wasps back up cup win with thumping victory over Lasers