England name three debutants
England chose three debutants, for the first time in almost eight years, as Gary Ballance, Scott Borthwick and Boyd Rankin all won their first caps in the final Ashes Test at the SCG.
Joe Root, Monty Panesar and Tim Bresnan were the men to make way as England try to avoid the ignominy of a series whitewash.
Australia, as widely anticipated, were unchanged again as they seek to wrap up a 5-0 win with the same XI throughout.
Alastair Cook won his first toss of the series, however - and under cloudy skies, he took a gamble by choosing to bowl first.
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Distressed man is brought down from roof safely in Uttoxeter
- Man in distress on roof of Uttoxeter shopping centre