Ellis-Bextor gets into the swing
Sophie Ellis-Bextor gets into the swing with partner Brendan Cole as they prepare for their latest Strictly Come Dancing ordeal.
Along with the five other remaining couples they will be taking part in the "swingathon"- a dance-off with pairs being eliminated by judges until just one remains.
The round echoes Ellis-Bextor's video to her single Murder On The Dancefloor, in which there is a competitive dance-off and the singer sabotages her rivals' routines.
At stake is a place in next weekend's semi-final. Ellis-Bextor said: " On a personal level it would blow my mind to get that far when there's been so many lovely dancers involved in this. It would be an amazing achievement, I'd get one more week doing something I love a lot."
The duo will also be performing a tango to Madonna hit Material Girl for which she needs to spend a moment perfectly still, and Cole persuaded her to practise by standing in the window of London store Harvey Nichols pretending to be a mannequin.
The couple also gave passing shoppers a sneak preview of their dance. The heat takes place on BBC1 at 7.10pm.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Keera from Uttoxeter is 'top dog' for her breed at Crufts
- Abbotsholme wow audiences in Rocester with production