Duo out of Euros
Andrew Pozzi and Conrad Williams have withdrawn from the Great Britain squad which is heading to Gothenburg for this weekend's European Indoor Championships, UK Athletics has confirmed.
Hurdler Pozzi has failed to recover from a hamstring injury and will rest ahead of the outdoor season, while 4x400m relay runner Williams is also out and has been replaced by Michael Warner.
"I had to pull out of trials as a precaution and unfortunately my hamstring still isn't right for me to be able race on Friday," said Pozzi.
"I'm bitterly disappointed to be missing the European Indoor Championships but now my focus is ensuring that I'm healthy and ready to go when this outdoor season starts.
The 28-strong squad retains a wealth of experience, though, with the likes of Olympic medalists Robbie Grabarz and Christine Ohuruogu included.
"There are some big names in the team, so it will be a really good experience for me, and one I'm really looking forward to," added Warner.
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Runners urged to sign up to Uttoxeter Half Marathon
- Rocester vets chip in to help Dogs Trust campaign