Driver escapes from sliced car
A driver had a miracle escape after a car was sliced in two on a motorway.
Firefighters were called to the incident near junction 9A on the M11 in Essex on Christmas Eve.
Incident commander Nigel Webb, from Saffron Walden fire station, said: "The vehicle had left the road and collided with a large motorway sign.
"The impact effectively sliced the vehicle in half sending the front of the vehicle into the nearside bushes and the rear half on to the hard shoulder.
"This was simply an incredible escape for the driver."
Nobody was trapped in the vehicle and firefighters administered first aid at the scene.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Picknalls teacher inspired by pupils to run London Marathon for The Epilepsy Society
- Uttoxeter school getting better - but still 'requires improvement'