Driver escapes from sliced car
A driver had a miracle escape after a car was sliced in two on a motorway.
Firefighters were called to the incident near junction 9A on the M11 in Essex on Christmas Eve.
Incident commander Nigel Webb, from Saffron Walden fire station, said: "The vehicle had left the road and collided with a large motorway sign.
"The impact effectively sliced the vehicle in half sending the front of the vehicle into the nearside bushes and the rear half on to the hard shoulder.
"This was simply an incredible escape for the driver."
Nobody was trapped in the vehicle and firefighters administered first aid at the scene.
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Scarlet fever continues to spread across East Staffordshire
- Manager Dave Shaw commits future to Rocester