Driver dies in 999 ambulance crash
A motorist was killed when his car was involved in a crash with an ambulance responding to an emergency call.
The 45-year-old driver of the Fiat Seicento died at the scene of the collision in Marine Drive, outside Roedean golf club, in Brighton, East Sussex, at 10.40pm on Thursday.
His passenger, a 43-year-old man, was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries.
A member of the ambulance crew was slightly hurt but was later discharged from hospital.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: "At this stage, police are still investigating the circumstances of the collision and are asking anyone who saw what happened to call 101, quoting Operation Denmark."
- Checkley claim winning draw at 2011 champs Wood Lane
- Uttoxeter extend winning run to eight games
- Coronation Street star joins Marge at Amerton Farm
- Uttoxeter's three-tier school system risks being 'de-stablised'
- Jess named fourth in Miss England competition
- Visual arts exhibition showcased pupils work