De Fanti leaves Sunderland
Sunderland's director of football Roberto De Fanti is to leave the club after owner Ellis Short decided to dispense with his services.
The Italian, who oversaw a summer overhaul of the squad under which 14 players were brought in under former manager Paolo Di Canio, is set to leave with two weeks of the current transfer window still to run.
A club statement said: "Sunderland AFC has announced that the club has parted company with director of football Roberto De Fanti.
"The club would like to place on record its thanks to Roberto and wishes him well for the future."
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Harry Topper set to make Midlands Grand National switch
- Peter of Tesco Express in Uttoxeter gets his legs waxed for diabetes research