Commander out of Gold Cup
A lung infection means Imperial Commander has once again been denied the chance to bid for more glory in the Betfred Gold Cup at Cheltenham.
Trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies was convinced the 12-year-old was back in the same sort of form that saw him defeat Denman and Kauto Star in the 2010 renewal, having come back at Cheltenham in January with a fine run when only narrowly denied by Cape Tribulation in the Argento Chase.
"He's got a lung infection, so he won't be going to Cheltenham, that's that. What can you do, it's an absolute sickener, but they are very delicate creatures," said Twiston-Davies.
"I'm sure he's still as good as ever, he's been in great form, but you can't rush them. Hopefully he'll be OK for Liverpool."
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Call for more out of hours doctors in Uttoxeter
- Nicholas abandons Carter's Square jobs hope to move to China
- Indiscipline will not be tolerated: Rocester boss Dave Shaw