Clarke pulls out of Qatar Masters
Darren Clarke will have to wait to make his 500th European Tour appearance after pulling out of the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters on Wednesday through injury.
Clarke, who has lost more than three stone since October in a bid to recapture his best form, was due to play alongside defending champion Chris Wood and Spain's Miguel Angel Jimenez in the first two rounds.
However, the 45-year-old suffered a pulled muscle and was forced to withdraw, with Sweden's Jens Dantorp - who earnt his card through the qualifying school last year - taking his place in the field.
Clarke won the Open Championship in 2011, but has failed to record a single top-10 finish on the European Tour since his triumph at Royal St George's.
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Runners urged to sign up to Uttoxeter Half Marathon
- Rocester vets chip in to help Dogs Trust campaign