Clarke pulls out of Qatar Masters
Darren Clarke will have to wait to make his 500th European Tour appearance after pulling out of the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters on Wednesday through injury.
Clarke, who has lost more than three stone since October in a bid to recapture his best form, was due to play alongside defending champion Chris Wood and Spain's Miguel Angel Jimenez in the first two rounds.
However, the 45-year-old suffered a pulled muscle and was forced to withdraw, with Sweden's Jens Dantorp - who earnt his card through the qualifying school last year - taking his place in the field.
Clarke won the Open Championship in 2011, but has failed to record a single top-10 finish on the European Tour since his triumph at Royal St George's.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Peter of Tesco Express in Uttoxeter gets his legs waxed for diabetes research
- Coventry Sphinx 3, Rocester 0