Briton 'shot dead in Libya'
The Foreign Office is "urgently seeking" further information about reports that a Briton has been shot dead in Libya.
It is believed that a Briton and a New Zealander, both with gunshot wounds, were found dead in near the coastal area of Mellitah in western Libya, according to a Libyan security source.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: " We are aware of reports that the bodies of two foreign nationals have been found in Libya and are urgently seeking further information from the authorities."
Mellitah is near the town of Zuwarah and 100 km (60 miles) west of Tripoli.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Picknalls teacher inspired by pupils to run London Marathon for The Epilepsy Society
- Uttoxeter charity gets a new facelift with a little help from Tesco and VAST