Briton 'shot dead in Libya'
The Foreign Office is "urgently seeking" further information about reports that a Briton has been shot dead in Libya.
It is believed that a Briton and a New Zealander, both with gunshot wounds, were found dead in near the coastal area of Mellitah in western Libya, according to a Libyan security source.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: " We are aware of reports that the bodies of two foreign nationals have been found in Libya and are urgently seeking further information from the authorities."
Mellitah is near the town of Zuwarah and 100 km (60 miles) west of Tripoli.
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- 'Double whammy' fears over Stone Road change
- Distressed man is brought down from roof safely in Uttoxeter
- Man in distress on roof of Uttoxeter shopping centre