Beckham's son has Chelsea trial
David Beckham's eldest son Brooklyn has had a trial with Chelsea.
The 13-year-old trained at the Premier League club's training ground on Tuesday.
Former England captain David, 37, is currently without a club after leaving Los Angeles Galaxy at the end of the Major League Soccer season and was pictured on Twitter at the Blues' Surrey training base.
His attendance at the under-14 fixture at the home of the 2011-2012 Champions League winners may stoke speculation that the youngster is set to follow in his father's footsteps to play football at the highest level.
Yet David and his wife Victoria, the Spice Girl-turned-fashion designer, would be reluctant to heap pressure on any of their four children.
Beckham's top-flight career includes 115 England caps, a record for an outfield player, plus spells at Manchester United, Real Madrid, LA Galaxy and AC Milan.
London-born Beckham also played a high-profile role in the winning bid to host the 2012 Olympic and Paralympics in his hometown.
No announcement has yet been made on whether he will continue his own footballing career.
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Harry Topper set to make Midlands Grand National switch
- Peter of Tesco Express in Uttoxeter gets his legs waxed for diabetes research