Baby joy for striker Walcott
Arsenal striker Theo Walcott and his wife Mel have announced that they are expecting their first child.
The couple said in a statement: "We are both very excited at such happy news just a few months after getting married. We are really looking forward to becoming parents."
It is likely Walcott will be in Brazil for the 2014 World Cup, which kicks off on June 12, around the time his child is due in the summer.
If selected for the England squad in the World Cup, Walcott will also be required to attend a training camp in Miami early next summer, before then tournament begins.
The 24-year-old England football player married Mel, his childhood sweetheart, earlier this year at Castello di Vincigliata, near Florence in Italy.
Walcott had the castle location tattooed on his arm to remember the day.
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Call for more out of hours doctors in Uttoxeter
- Nicholas abandons Carter's Square jobs hope to move to China
- John White and Rob Walker shine at Trent Raceway