Arcade Fire to headline Glastonbury
Canadian band Arcade Fire have revealed they are among the headliners for the Glastonbury festival next summer.
The group - which recently played low-key UK shows under the name The Reflektors to promote fourth album Reflektor - will perform on the Friday evening of the Somerset event.
The group broke the news to fans by posting a picture online featuring four show dates in June next year, including the Glastonbury gig. The message was written in chalk on a piece of material draped on a sofa and next to a sequinned cushion.
Frontman Win Butler had already hinted that the band may play the event with a less-than-subtle comment during a radio interview last month.
Discussing plans to play summer festivals next year, he told DJ Jo Whiley: "G et your wellies ready."
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- Bovine TB outbreak at village farm near Uttoxeter
- Uttoxeter's bull statue is again targeted
- Housing funding to be cut
- Picknalls teacher inspired by pupils to run London Marathon for The Epilepsy Society
- Uttoxeter charity gets a new facelift with a little help from Tesco and VAST