Arcade Fire to headline Glastonbury
Canadian band Arcade Fire have revealed they are among the headliners for the Glastonbury festival next summer.
The group - which recently played low-key UK shows under the name The Reflektors to promote fourth album Reflektor - will perform on the Friday evening of the Somerset event.
The group broke the news to fans by posting a picture online featuring four show dates in June next year, including the Glastonbury gig. The message was written in chalk on a piece of material draped on a sofa and next to a sequinned cushion.
Frontman Win Butler had already hinted that the band may play the event with a less-than-subtle comment during a radio interview last month.
Discussing plans to play summer festivals next year, he told DJ Jo Whiley: "G et your wellies ready."
- 365-home scheme branded 'crazy' by Uttoxeter residents
- Thomas Alleyne's told it must do better by Ofsted
- St Modwen takes next step for 700 homes plan in Uttoxeter
- Call for more out of hours doctors in Uttoxeter
- Crowds gather for Night at the Proms in Uttoxeter
- Rakemark Respite is given bus by Alton Towers