Login Register

Gas safety firm set up by Uttoxeter heating entrepeneur

12/05/14 New central gas safety business
Biz pic of James McCarron

12/05/14 New central gas safety business Biz pic of James McCarron

Comments (0)

A GAS safety firm has set up in town to help home owners and landlords ensure the safety of their gas-fired appliances.

Central Gas Safety was set up by plumbing and heating entrepeneur James McCarron this week to help both individual and commercial clients keep their properties safe.

The business, which is based in Westlands Road, offers safety checks, servicing of gas appliances, home inspection reports, legionella risk assessment and electrical checks.

James McCarron, director of Central Gas Safety, said: “I’ve got a plumbing and heating firm anyway but wanted to keep the gas safety branch as a separate business.

“So Central Gas Safety was created.

“We are targetting letting agents and landlords primarily and offer a personalised service.

“We’ve already got 45 properties on board and we only started a few days ago so its been a success so far.

“We offer a range of gas safety checks and additional services to ensure that your premises are always kept safe, secure and compliant.

“Our Gas Safe registered engineer will inspect your gas appliances – checking that they work correctly, that harmful gases are being removed, that ventilation is clear and that any safety devices are working.

“Most manufacturers will not come out to a broken down boiler unless it has been serviced annually.

“Our service will ensure that the boiler is working correctly and that you have all of the necessary paperwork. Regular servicing also helps keep your boiler running more efficiently, saving you fuel and money.

“We offer a one-off survey for a set fee regardless of number of appliances that reports on the safe operation of all appliances with the house.

“Legislation requires that landlords ensure all electrical installations are safe when a tenancy begins and that they are maintained in a safe condition.

“Our Landlords Electrical Safety Check provides total peace of mind for responsible landlords and letting agents.

“A new Code of Practice guideline set by the Health and Safety Executive requires all landlords and managing agents to conduct risk assessments for legionnaires’s disease in rented accommodation. “Our assessments and reports will confirm whether conditions are present for bacteria to flourish.

“Carbon monoxide is widely known as the silent killer. We have the equipment to test whether carbon monoxide is present within your property and where it is coming from.”

More information is available online at www.centralgassafety.co.uk or by calling 07709 188878.

Read more from Uttoxeter News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES