Celebrate the power of Nuts on National Nut Day!
With studies now showing that eating meals which are mainly plant based is good not only for our health but also for the planet, why not try this tasty little dish on National Nut Day, October 22nd 2012.
Nuts are being increasingly recognised for their amazing "plant power" properties including healthy fats and potential cholesterol lowering properties. The Macadamia Nut is known as the Queen of Nuts for its great taste and luxurious texture.
Autumnal Roasted Vegetable Salad with Macadamia Nut Dressing
Ingredients (Serves 4):
300g sweet potato
2 bunches asparagus
50g baby spinach leaves
150g parmesan cheese finely sliced
Macadamia oil (may substitute with olive or avocado oil)Dressing:
3 tablespoons macadamia oil
80g lightly roasted chopped macadamia nuts
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Steam or microwave sweet potato until just tender.
2. Cool, peel and cut diagonally into 1cm slices.
3. Brush sweet potato and asparagus with oil and roast until cooked through.
4. Grill bacon until crisp.
5. Arrange baby spinach, sweet potato, asparagus, bacon and parmesan in layers.
6. To make dressing heat 1 tablespoon oil, add chopped nuts and fry until golden, then whisk vinegar and remaining oil together.
7. Drizzle dressing over salad.
For an even healthier dish leave out the bacon - easy!For more information visit www.macadamias.org.uk.