Meals that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes are always a great option. Here is a firm favourite which can be made up of whatever you have in the cupboard.
You Will Need:
- The required amount of any pasta shape you like
- 3tsb of mayonnaise (light or full fat – whatever you prefer)
- 1 large tsp of wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp of clear honey chicken cooked and torn — this can be left overs from a Sunday roast or a packet bought from the supermarket
- Spring onions or red onion, depending on which you prefer, sliced thinly
- Red pepper de-seeded and cut into strips. Throw in a yellow pepper too if you feel like it
- Tomatoes cut into chunks
- You can add basil if you have it, or throw in whatever you have such as sweetcorn or peas to bulk it out if you need to make it go further or just adjust it to your personal taste.
Boil the pasta, then cool under running water. Mix the mayo, mustard and honey in a large bowl and loosen with a little water to make a dressing style consistency. Add the pasta, chicken, onions, basil, red pepper and tomatoes and gently mix together.