THIS quick and easy cupcake recipe will be a winner with all the family
You will need:
For the cake:
Wright’s Madeira Cake Mix, 500g
60ml (4tbsps) vegetable oil
For the topping:
100g icing sugar (sifted)
50g butter or margarine
4 tsps water
Divide the mixture and add plain chocolate 20g for two different toppings (optional)
Festive decorations of choice
Method – makes 24 cupcakes:
1. Place the cake mix, water and oil into a bowl and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
2. Place 24 paper cup cases (gold or red look great at this time of year) into a cupcake baking tray and spoon the cake batter evenly between them.
3. Bake at 200°C (390°F), gas mark 6, for approximately 15-18 minutes.
4. Allow to cool before decorating each cupcake in your festive them.
5. For the ‘topping’, mix the icing sugar, butter or margarine and water. You can divide the mixture and add plain chocolate if you wish.
6. Pipe the topping on the cakes and add your Christmas themed decoration.
Wright’s top baking tip: A quick and simple way to get the children baking in the Christmas holidays.
For more inspirational recipes, visit: wrightsflour.co.uk