THIS chocolate orange tart is a moist, goo-ey indulgent tart and great to pair with a strong, full bodied espresso.
The caramel, nutty undertones and delicate hints of cocoa in Carte Noire N°7 Aromatique are great for enhancing the orange flavours within this delectable dessert.
You will need:
300g dark chocolate
200g margarine (or butter)
1 tsp baking powder
150ml orange juice
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C
2. Melt the chocolate with the margarine (or butter)
3. Lightly whisk the eggs with the sugar and then stir in melted chocolate/margarine
4. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix.
5. Pour the batter into lined or greased tart or spring form pan (approx. 26 cm)
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
7. Immediately after taking out of the oven – or if you can, keeping in the oven the tart in the oven whilst you do so - sprinkle with the orange juice
8. Serve with Carte Noire N°7 Aromatique.